I will have a way to fix it without spending half an hour actually clicking posts and finding out no one knows how to fix them. I have a USB mouse and occasionally it decides to crap out on me. I have to go in and reset my USB ports and unplug everything, restart and all that gobbledegook. So when I need to do it again, I will have a post in my blog telling me how to do it.
1. Click Start- Computer
2. Right-click Computer and select Properties
3. Click Device Manager
4. Click Universal Serial Bus Controller
5. Right-click each USB device listed and select Uninstall
6. Click OK to confirm removal of each device
Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all devices under UBS Controller are removed
7. Shut down computer.
8. Wait a few seconds and turn computer on. When it reboots you will see “Windows has detected new or added hardware”
These steps will refresh the USB ports.
Added Notes: Unplug everything from your USB ports before you shut down. Once Windows has refreshed your USB controllers and ports, shut down again. Once you have started the system the second time, plug back in USB mouse. DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING until that device driver has reinstalled or you have to do this ALL OVER AGAIN. It takes forever to download, so be patient. If this doesn’t work, do an angry wardance and throw the mouse across the room so you have a reason to replace it with something else.