Every year old the blog I used to keep, I would go back through my posts for the year and do a yearly summary of what the year has been for me. Sometimes what I read in old posts I’d completely forgotten. Silly things that seemed SO important to me then were completely irrelevant now. I’d make a list of someday resolutions because my New Year’s resolutions never held weight or water. At the end of the year, I’d go back through my list from the previous year and add to it and cross off what I’d gotten done during the year.
Most of the time I just added to it.
This year I wasn’t really good about keeping a blog. Most of my day to day stuff was posted on Twitter. I am NOT going back through a year’s worth of twitter posts. There isn’t enough time in my day. Probably not in the year. I have things I would much rather be doing instead.
So here is my year from what I can remember and only the important things I can remember.
- In 2012, our household moved from the south-west side of town to the north-west and we have an absolutely awesome place with awesome neighbors and enough space to spread out when we’re feeling claustrophobic. We made the move in four days and the unpacking and spreading out has taken about four months, but we’re pretty well settled in now.
- I decided to make writing something a little more important in my life. I picked up the things I need to get in gear. Although my girlfriend overtook my writing table with her old desktop computer so I no longer have my writing niche in the basement, I have taken up a semi-permanent home at the dining room table. (Our old place didn’t even have ROOM for a dining room table!)
- I changed my pen name in 2012. Krystel would have been pleased. I hope to make it an actual tribute to her. More motivation to really get myself published!
- I have the first of my tier 14 gear purchased and upgraded. I am working toward my valor gear. I’ve been taking time to level my new toons at least once a week. Eventually I will have more than one level 90 toon. Slow and steady win the race. One day I’ll be able to run all of Looking for Raid AND get geared to run the regular dungeons! Maybe this upcoming year I’ll learn how to play. 🙂 (Okay, World of Warcraft ramble over.)
Like the previous years, I don’t really have much to remember. A lot of it has been making myself go to work and bring in money, paying the bills and learning to live with my household. I’m sure there will be more of that upcoming.
Now for goals in 2013:
- I will make writing more of a priority than it has been before. I will submit at least ONE submission for consideration to a publisher. I will continue working on others.
- I will try to make getting to the gym more important than it has been. I’m paying for the damned membership. I need to use it. Especially now that I’m, you know, half the distance away from it as I was before.
Two is more than enough, in my honest opinion. If I finish those two things, I can always add more.
Happy New Year, all. I’m going to spend it working and playing WoW.